Netflix CEO interested in adding Sony movie content
(Reuters) - Netflix Inc wants to bid for movies from Sony Corp to add to its online streaming service alongside films from Walt Disney Co, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said on Wednesday.
Speaking to analysts after the company's quarterly earnings report, Hastings said his appetite for securing exclusive rights to Sony movies after they leave theaters was "just like it was for Disney. It's strong."
"We're interested. We'll see how it works out," Hastings said.
In December, Netflix reached a deal to stream new Disney movies starting in 2016.
(Reporting By Lisa Richwine; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow