White House welcomes House vote to extend debt limit
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House spokesman Jay Carney on Wednesday welcomed a vote by the U.S. House of Representatives that passed an extension of borrowing authority under the federal debt limit.
Carney reiterated that the Obama administration would have preferred a longer extension to avoid continued uncertainty over the issue.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data