Brazil bank lending jumps in December, defaults decline
BRASILIA Jan 25 (Reuters) - Outstanding loans in Brazil's banking system rose 2.4 percent in December from the prior month, the central bank said in a report on Friday.
Loans in arrears for 90 days or more were the equivalent of 5.8 percent of outstanding loans last month, according to the report.
Credit grew 16.2 percent in 2012, the report said.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai