TAKE-A-LOOK-Ecuador's Rafael Correa seeks re-election
Ecuador's President Rafael Correa is the front-runner candidate for a Feb. 17 election that could hand the leftist leader four more years in office to continue boosting state control over the Andean nation's economy. For stories, click on the codes in brackets: LATEST STORIES > State spending fuels Correa's re-election bid > Correa hikes minimum wage in run-up to vote > Candidate seeks end to 'franchise socialism' > Lawmakers raise bank taxes ahead of election > Poll gives Correa clear lead in election > Correa to seek re-election, clear favorite > Lawmakers raise bank taxes ahead of election BACKGROUND > Ecuador and its president Rafael Correa > Top opposition candidates in presidential race > Key political risks to watch in Ecuador > Key facts about Ecuador's oil industry > Ecuador upbeat about oil auction, sees $1bln > Ecuador economy to grow 5.4 pct in 2012-cenbank > Ecuador grants asylum to Assange, angering UK > Ecuador says mining reforms may lead to deals
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 1-China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'