German business morale rises for third month in a row
BERLIN Jan 25 (Reuters) - German business morale improved for a third consecutive month in January, adding to evidence that Europe's largest economy is rebounding after a contraction in the fourth quarter of last year.
The Munich-based Ifo think tank said on Friday its business climate index, based on a monthly survey of some 7,000 firms, rose to 104.2 in January, the highest reading since June 2012 and up from 102.4 in December.
That beat the median forecast in a Reuters poll of 40 economists for the index to climb to 103.0 and matched the highest estimate in the poll.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic