CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as Potash, Pacific Rubiales leads
TORONTO, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index rose at the open on Friday, as Potash Corp added to Thursday's gains, while Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp climbed following its announcement that it has discovered oil in Brazil. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index rose 34.98 points, or 0.27 percent, 12,858.60 shortly after the open. Nine of the index's 10 main sectors were higher.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |