CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as Potash, Pacific Rubiales leads
TORONTO, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index rose at the open on Friday, as Potash Corp added to Thursday's gains, while Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp climbed following its announcement that it has discovered oil in Brazil. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index rose 34.98 points, or 0.27 percent, 12,858.60 shortly after the open. Nine of the index's 10 main sectors were higher.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details