Euro rises 1 percent on day versus yen
LONDON Jan 25 (Reuters) - The euro rose 1 percent on the day against the yen on Friday, helped by better-than-expected German Ifo data and investors positioning for banks to repay the first part of ultra-cheap loans from the European Central Bank.
The euro rose to 122.19 yen on trading platform EBS, its highest level since mid-April 2011.
- A week on, Gaza war takes on deadly routine despite calls for truce |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels |
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources