STOCKS NEWS MALAYSIA-Kenanga starts covering DBB-Hicom with "outperform" call
Kenanga Research initiated coverage of DRB-Hicom Bhd with an "outperform" call and a target price of 3.45 ringgit per share, citing strong growth prospects for the firm's car-making and property business.
"In our view, the stock is undervalued, underpriced and clearly under-appreciated," Kenanga said in a research note on Friday.
There is strong growth potential for the company's automotive business which makes Proton cars. The DRB-Hicom's assembly contract with Volkswagen will also help, it said, adding that the firm's property division will benefit from the huge land banks it holds.
"The group has always had a large development land bank with the hot ones now being in Iskandar, Johor and in Glenmarie, Klang Valley," Kenanga said.
As of 1133 (0313 GMT) DRB-Hicom was unchanged at 2.60 ringgit per share while the benchmark index was up 0.14 percent at 1637.61.
(Reporting by Siva Sithraputhran firstname.lastname@example.org; Editing by G.Ram Mohan; Reuters Messaging: Siva.email@example.com)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |