STOCKS NEWS THAILAND-Krungdhon Hospital surges; rival to buy stake
Shares in Krungdhon Hospital Pcl jumped nearly 30 percent after Bangkok Dusit Medical Services Pcl's subsidiary planned to acquire its shares and will make a tender offer to buy all shares from the market.
Krungdhon shares were up 29.9 percent at 72.75 baht, outperforming a 0.8 percent gain in the healthcare subindex and a 0.4 percent gain in the broader stock market .
Royal Bangkok Healthcare will acquire a 24.94 percent stake in Krungdhon at 55 baht per share, via big lot board on the Thai stock exchange by Jan. 31, and will offer to buy shares in Krungdhon that it does not own at 55 baht each from the market.
For the company statement, click
1106 (0406 GMT) (Reporting by Viparat Jantraprap in Bangkok; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city