US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street climbs at open on earnings
NEW YORK Jan 25 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose at the open on Friday, putting the S&P 500 on track for its longest winning streak in eight years, buoyed by rosy earnings from Procter & Gamble amid a backdrop of sturdy corporate results.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 16.82 points, or 0.12 percent, to 13,842.15. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 2.48 points, or 0.17 percent, to 1,497.30. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 9.48 points, or 0.30 percent, to 3,139.86.
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- Genre-bending, 'unexpected' films top Sundance 2014 lineup
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Polish coffin-maker uses nude models to sell wares