Italy PM says nationalising Monte Paschi "remote" notion
BOLOGNA, Italy Jan 25 (Reuters) - Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti described as a "remote hypothesis" the possibility of Monte Paschi bank being nationalised, when asked to comment on a television talk show on Friday.
Monti was talking to the La7 network as questions grew about central bank oversight of the historic lender following the uncovering of nearly $1 billion of losses in complex derivatives deals. (Reporting by Stephen Jewkes; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details