India's $2 bln sale of NTPC shares likely on Feb 7-sources
MUMBAI Jan 25 (Reuters) - The Indian government's share sale in state-run power producer NTPC Ltd to raise roughly $2 billion is likely to take place on Feb. 7, three sources with direct knowledge of the situation said on Friday.
The government, which owns 84.5 percent of NTPC, plans to sell a 9.5 percent stake in the company to institutional investors through an auction of shares.
The floor prices for the auction is likely to be announced a day ahead of the sale, said the sources, who declined to be named as they were not authorised to speak to the media.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |