Samsung Elec expects global PC market to shrink 5 pct in 2013
SEOUL Jan 25 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co , the world's top memory chipmaker, said it expects the global personal computer market to shrink by 5 percent this year as consumer demand continues to shift to mobile devices such as tablet computers.
The PC market declined for the first time in 11 years last year, according to research firm IHS iSuppli.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets