NYSE CEO says does not expect regulatory objections to ICE deal
(Reuters) - NYSE Euronext does not anticipate any major objections from regulators in the United States and Europe to its proposed $8.2 billion takeover by IntercontinentalExchange Inc, NYSE Chief Executive Duncan Niederauer said on Friday.
NYSE expects the deal to close by the end of the third quarter and plans to spin off Euronext, the operator of the Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels and Lisbon stock exchanges, through an initial public offering in 2014, Niederauer told CNBC in an interview from Davos.
(Reporting By John McCrank in New York; editing by John Wallace)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Man suspected of shooting six dead in Texas to appear in court
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities