Samsung Electronics sold 63 million smartphones in fourth quarter: report
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co, the world's top handset maker, sold 63 million smartphones in the fourth quarter and commanded a 29 percent share of the global smartphone market, a report by research firm Strategy Analytics showed on Friday.
In 2012, Samsung sold 213 million smartphones with a 30 percent market share, followed by Apple Inc, which sold 135.8 million iPhones with a 19 percent market share, the report said.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Missouri grand jury makes decision in fatal shooting of black teen |
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft