AT&T to buy Verizon spectrum in deal including $1.9 bln cash
NEW YORK Jan 25 (Reuters) - AT&T Inc said Friday it has agreed to buy wireless airwaves from Verizon Wireless for $1.9 billion in cash and spectrum licenses in five markets.
AT&T said the licenses it is buying cover a population of 42 million people in 18 U.S. states.
It expects to close the deal, which is subject to regulatory approval, in the second half of 2013.
Verizon Wireless is a venture of Verizon Communications and Vodafone Group Plc.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image