Telecom Italia not looking to expand in Latin American-chairman
SANTIAGO Jan 26 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia is not looking to expand in Latin America, though the company needs to strengthen its infrastructure due to growing regional data traffic, chairman Franco Bernabe told Reuters on Saturday.
Bernabe added that Telecom Italia is "not part of the process that Vivendi has launched" to sell its Brazilian broadband company GVT SA.
Telecom Italia, which already owns successful mobile unit TIM Participacoes in Brazil, has not presented an offer as the price tag is too high.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |