Golf: Eagle at 18th gives Wood Qatar Masters victory
DOHA (Reuters) - Chris Wood produced a stunning eagle on the 18th green at Doha Golf Club on Saturday to win the Qatar Masters, his first victory on the European Tour.
The 25-year-old Englishman started the final hole a shot behind Spain's Sergio Garcia and South African George Coetzee who had set the clubhouse target at 17 under par.
Garcia shot a fourth-round 66 and Coetzee a 64.
Wood had begun the day with a three-shot lead but struggled after making a double bogey at the par-three third hole. His eagle putt from 10 feet at the last hole allowed him to complete a three-under-par 69.
(Editing by Clare Fallon)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease