Democratic U.S. Senator Tom Harkin will not seek re-election- aide
WASHINGTON Jan 26 (Reuters) - Democratic U.S. Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa will not seek re-election in 2014, a Democratic Senate aide said on Saturday.
Harkin, 73, is one of the most liberal members of the U.S. Senate and has focused much of his long congressional career on farm policy and helping pass legislation aiding people with disabilities.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |