Democratic U.S. Senator Tom Harkin will not seek re-election- aide
WASHINGTON Jan 26 (Reuters) - Democratic U.S. Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa will not seek re-election in 2014, a Democratic Senate aide said on Saturday.
Harkin, 73, is one of the most liberal members of the U.S. Senate and has focused much of his long congressional career on farm policy and helping pass legislation aiding people with disabilities.
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat