Democratic U.S. Senator Tom Harkin will not seek re-election- aide
WASHINGTON Jan 26 (Reuters) - Democratic U.S. Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa will not seek re-election in 2014, a Democratic Senate aide said on Saturday.
Harkin, 73, is one of the most liberal members of the U.S. Senate and has focused much of his long congressional career on farm policy and helping pass legislation aiding people with disabilities.
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video