Democratic U.S. Senator Tom Harkin will not seek re-election- aide
WASHINGTON Jan 26 (Reuters) - Democratic U.S. Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa will not seek re-election in 2014, a Democratic Senate aide said on Saturday.
Harkin, 73, is one of the most liberal members of the U.S. Senate and has focused much of his long congressional career on farm policy and helping pass legislation aiding people with disabilities.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N