Venezuela's Chavez has overcome respiratory infection -minister
SANTIAGO Jan 26 (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has overcome a serious respiratory infection, but is still being treated for breathing problems after cancer surgery last month, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas told reporters in Chile on Saturday.
Chavez has not been seen in public since he underwent his fourth and most serious cancer operation in Cuba on Dec. 11.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media