Venezuela's Chavez has overcome respiratory infection -minister
SANTIAGO Jan 26 (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has overcome a serious respiratory infection, but is still being treated for breathing problems after cancer surgery last month, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas told reporters in Chile on Saturday.
Chavez has not been seen in public since he underwent his fourth and most serious cancer operation in Cuba on Dec. 11.
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |