Venezuela's Chavez has overcome respiratory infection -minister
SANTIAGO Jan 26 (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has overcome a serious respiratory infection, but is still being treated for breathing problems after cancer surgery last month, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas told reporters in Chile on Saturday.
Chavez has not been seen in public since he underwent his fourth and most serious cancer operation in Cuba on Dec. 11.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai