Venezuela's Chavez has overcome respiratory infection -minister
SANTIAGO Jan 26 (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has overcome a serious respiratory infection, but is still being treated for breathing problems after cancer surgery last month, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas told reporters in Chile on Saturday.
Chavez has not been seen in public since he underwent his fourth and most serious cancer operation in Cuba on Dec. 11.
- China anxiety knocks shares, oil
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- U.S. sees Middle East help fighting IS, Britain cautious after beheading