Three people shot dead in Egyptian port city funerals
ISMAILIA, Egypt (Reuters) - Three people were killed in the Egyptian city of Port Said on Sunday when thousands of people held funerals for 33 who died in protests at the weekend, a hospital official in the Mediterranean port said.
The head of Port Said hospitals, Abdel Rahman Farag, told Reuters three people were killed by gunshot wounds.
One was an 18-year-old man but he did not immediately have further details about the other two victims.
Farag also said more than 416 people were injured as a result of teargas inhalation, while 17 suffered gunshot wounds.
Many of the 33 people who died in the city on Saturday were killed by gunshots.
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source