Splitting Agrium would destroy value, so won't happen - CEO
Jan 28 (Reuters) - Canadian fertilizer company Agrium Inc won't split its wholesale and retail divisions as its biggest shareholder, Jana Partners, wants because it would "destroy value" for shareholders, Chief Executive Officer Mike Wilson said on Monday.
Wilson was speaking in New York to Agrium's sell-side analysts in an attempt to blunt Jana's move to replace part of Agrium's board and effect changes it says would increase returns to investors.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York