Splitting Agrium would destroy value, so won't happen - CEO
Jan 28 (Reuters) - Canadian fertilizer company Agrium Inc won't split its wholesale and retail divisions as its biggest shareholder, Jana Partners, wants because it would "destroy value" for shareholders, Chief Executive Officer Mike Wilson said on Monday.
Wilson was speaking in New York to Agrium's sell-side analysts in an attempt to blunt Jana's move to replace part of Agrium's board and effect changes it says would increase returns to investors.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port