- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Brazil central bank sells all currency swaps offered at auction
RIO DE JANEIRO |
RIO DE JANEIRO Jan 28 (Reuters) - Brazil's central bank on Monday sold all the 37,000 traditional currency swaps it had offered in an auction, sending a strong signal that it now favors a stronger real to help fight inflation.
The real jumped over 1 percent and neared the level of 2.0 reais per dollar, which for months has been considered the lower limit of an informal trading band for the currency.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this