BRIEF-Caterpillar says first quarter 2013 profit and revenue likely to be "significantly lower" than first quarter of 2012
Jan 28 (Reuters) - Caterpillar Inc : * Says first quarter 2013 profit and revenue likely to be "significantly lower"
than first quarter of 2012 * CEO says "i am accountable" for acquisition of era * CEO says "considering all options to recover our losses" from era accounting
fraud * CEO says business strategy for China growth remains same, despite era
accounting fraud * Says "cautious" on ability to raise or maintain product prices in 2013 * Says inventory levels in China did not slip much in Q4 2012, expects Chinese
inventories to fall in Q1 & Q2 2013 * Says no major changes to how cat financial unit is marketing financing for
heavy equipment * Says will take $85 million U.S. research and development tax credit in Q1
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image