Top producer Chile sees copper output up 3 percent this year
SANTIAGO Jan 28 (Reuters) - Chile is seen producing 5.59 million tonnes of red metal this year, up 3 percent from 2012 levels, as heavy mining investment in the world No. 1 copper producer pays off, the country's state copper commission Cochilco said on Monday.
Cochilco sees copper prices averaging $3.57 per pound this year, unchanged from a previous estimate.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea