CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises at open as financials lead
TORONTO, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Monday, with banks leading the market up, as recent encouraging economic data boost investor sentiment. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 34.16 points, or 0.27 percent, at 12,850.79. All key sectors except the consumer staples group were higher.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |