CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises at open as financials lead
TORONTO, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Monday, with banks leading the market up, as recent encouraging economic data boost investor sentiment. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 34.16 points, or 0.27 percent, at 12,850.79. All key sectors except the consumer staples group were higher.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S.
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic