CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises at open as financials lead
TORONTO, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Monday, with banks leading the market up, as recent encouraging economic data boost investor sentiment. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 34.16 points, or 0.27 percent, at 12,850.79. All key sectors except the consumer staples group were higher.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |