Hong Kong shares to open up 0.2 pct, Wharf Holdings, Hengan rise
HONG KONG Jan 28 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start the week higher on Monday, helped by 2 percent gains for Hong Kong conglomerate Wharf Holdings and Chinese consumer counter Hengan International.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.2 percent at 23,622 points. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to start flat.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill