Metro to pay around 230 mln eur for Media-Saturn stake-source
FRANKFURT Jan 28 (Reuters) - German retailer Metro will likely have to pay around 230 million euros ($310 million) to buy a 2.97 percent stake in the Media-Saturn unit, a source close to the company said on Monday.
The Stiefel family that helped found the Media-Saturn chain earlier on Monday said it was exercising an option to sell the stake to majority owner Metro, without disclosing the price. ($1 = 0.7421 euros) (Reporting by Victoria Bryan; editing by Ralf Banser)
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry