China's Sun Art looking at Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam markets
TAIPEI Jan 28 (Reuters) - Sun Art Retail Group Ltd , China's biggest hypermarket operator, is looking at expanding into Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam, said Samuel Yin, chairman of Taiwan conglomerate Ruentex, a major Sun Art shareholder.
Sun Art, a joint venture between Ruentex Group and privately held France's Groupe Auchan SA, has leap-frogged competitors in China, overtaking Wal-Mart Stores Inc in 2010, according to data from research firm Euromonitor.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel