TAQA's Canadian unit lays off 5 pct of staff in reorganization
CALGARY, Alberta Jan 28 (Reuters) - The Canadian unit of Abu Dhabi National Energy Co said on Monday it has laid off 50 of its 950 employees as it restructures operations in the country.
TAQA North, which produces nearly 90,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day from oil and gas fields in Western Canada, said the firings came as it consolidated operations and were not in response to low Canadian oil and natural gas prices.
Leroy McKinnon, a spokesman for the company, said employees were informed of the layoffs last week.
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; Ukraine fighting kills dozens