No surprises in France squad for Six Nations opener
PARIS (Reuters) - France manager Philippe Saint-Andre trimmed his preliminary Six Nations squad from 33 down to 24 on Monday, dispensing as expected with a host of uncapped and fringe players for the opener against Italy on Sunday.
With fullback Brice Dulin out of action for several weeks because of a hamstring injury, Yoann Huget or Benjamin Fall could be handed the number 15 shirt.
Lock Romain Taofifenua, who won his first cap against Argentina last year, retained his place in the squad.
Forwards: Vincent Debaty, Yannick Forestier, Benjamin Kayser, Dimitri Szarzewski, Luc Ducalcon, Nicolas Mas, Yoann Maestri, Pascal Pape (captain), Romain Taofifenua, Damien Chouly, Thierry Dusautoir, Yannick Nyanga, Fulgence Ouedraogo, Louis Picamoles
Backs: Maxime Machenaud, Morgan Parra, Frederic Michalak, Francois Trinh-Duc, Mathieu Bastareaud, Benjamin Fall, Wesley Fofana, Florian Fritz, Yoann Huget, Maxime Mermoz
(Reporting by Gregory Blachier; Editing by Justin Palmer)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead