Kvitova to lead Czechs at start of Fed Cup defense
PRAGUE (Reuters) - World number eight Petra Kvitova, dumped out in the second round at the Australian Open, will lead the Czech Republic in their Fed Cup title defense when they take on Australia in a first round tie next month.
Czech captain Petr Pala will stick with the same squad that lifted the crown for a second straight year in November, including Lucie Safarova, Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka.
"I decided on a proven, winning team," Pala said in a statement.
The Czechs will begin their attempt at a third straight title in front of their home fans in the northeastern city of Ostrava on February 9-10.
(Reporting by Jason Hovet, editing by Mark Meadows)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat