Fed approves New York branch for NongHyup Bank of South Korea
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve said on Monday that it had approved an application by South Korean lender NongHyup Bank NAGRIB.UL (NH Bank) to establish a branch and representative office in New York City.
NH Bank is the fourth-largest bank in South Korea, with assets of $175 billion, and is a wholly owned entity of NH Financial Group Inc, the Fed said in a statement.
(Reporting by Alister Bull; Editing by Dan Grebler)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets