Fed approves New York branch for NongHyup Bank of South Korea
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve said on Monday that it had approved an application by South Korean lender NongHyup Bank NAGRIB.UL (NH Bank) to establish a branch and representative office in New York City.
NH Bank is the fourth-largest bank in South Korea, with assets of $175 billion, and is a wholly owned entity of NH Financial Group Inc, the Fed said in a statement.
(Reporting by Alister Bull; Editing by Dan Grebler)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source