Fed approves New York branch for NongHyup Bank of South Korea
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve said on Monday that it had approved an application by South Korean lender NongHyup Bank NAGRIB.UL (NH Bank) to establish a branch and representative office in New York City.
NH Bank is the fourth-largest bank in South Korea, with assets of $175 billion, and is a wholly owned entity of NH Financial Group Inc, the Fed said in a statement.
(Reporting by Alister Bull; Editing by Dan Grebler)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls