Senator Schumer says hopes for quick immigration bill approval
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic leaders in the U.S. Senate hope to put immigration reform legislation on a fast-track, possibly passing a bill by the middle of this year, Senator Charles Schumer of New York said on Monday.
Schumer, speaking to reporters about the outline of a newly unveiled bipartisan reform bill, said he hoped such legislation could clear the Senate by late spring or summer.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media