Boston Scientific posts weaker quarterly results
Jan 29 (Reuters) - Boston Scientific Corp on Tuesday posted weaker quarterly earnings as sales slipped and expenses rose.
Fourth-quarter net earnings were $60 million, or 4 cents per share, down from $107 million, or 7 cents per share, in the year-earlier period.
Excluding items, earnings were 11 cents per share, matching the average estimate on Wall Street, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. There were fewer outstanding shares used to compute per share earnings in the latest period.
Quarterly sales dipped to $1.82 billion from $1.85 billion a year earlier on weakness in its key markets from implantable heart devices.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |