Tesco puts rivals under pressure as matches market growth-Kantar
LONDON Jan 29 (Reuters) - Tesco, Britain's biggest grocer, maintained its market share and matched market growth for the first time since June 2011, according to industry data published on Tuesday.
Market researcher Kantar Worldpanel said Tesco's sales increased 3.3 percent in the 12 weeks to Jan. 20, giving it a market share of 30.4 percent and putting its rivals under pressure.
No. 2 grocer Asda achieved growth of 2.1 percent, while No. 3 player J Sainsbury saw growth of 3.2 percent, said Kantar.
No. 4 player Wm Morrison was the laggard again with a sales fall of 1.7 percent.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets