Tesco puts rivals under pressure as matches market growth-Kantar
LONDON Jan 29 (Reuters) - Tesco, Britain's biggest grocer, maintained its market share and matched market growth for the first time since June 2011, according to industry data published on Tuesday.
Market researcher Kantar Worldpanel said Tesco's sales increased 3.3 percent in the 12 weeks to Jan. 20, giving it a market share of 30.4 percent and putting its rivals under pressure.
No. 2 grocer Asda achieved growth of 2.1 percent, while No. 3 player J Sainsbury saw growth of 3.2 percent, said Kantar.
No. 4 player Wm Morrison was the laggard again with a sales fall of 1.7 percent.
- Vice principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- East Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |