Tesco puts rivals under pressure as matches market growth-Kantar
LONDON Jan 29 (Reuters) - Tesco, Britain's biggest grocer, maintained its market share and matched market growth for the first time since June 2011, according to industry data published on Tuesday.
Market researcher Kantar Worldpanel said Tesco's sales increased 3.3 percent in the 12 weeks to Jan. 20, giving it a market share of 30.4 percent and putting its rivals under pressure.
No. 2 grocer Asda achieved growth of 2.1 percent, while No. 3 player J Sainsbury saw growth of 3.2 percent, said Kantar.
No. 4 player Wm Morrison was the laggard again with a sales fall of 1.7 percent.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin