Tesco puts rivals under pressure as matches market growth-Kantar
LONDON Jan 29 (Reuters) - Tesco, Britain's biggest grocer, maintained its market share and matched market growth for the first time since June 2011, according to industry data published on Tuesday.
Market researcher Kantar Worldpanel said Tesco's sales increased 3.3 percent in the 12 weeks to Jan. 20, giving it a market share of 30.4 percent and putting its rivals under pressure.
No. 2 grocer Asda achieved growth of 2.1 percent, while No. 3 player J Sainsbury saw growth of 3.2 percent, said Kantar.
No. 4 player Wm Morrison was the laggard again with a sales fall of 1.7 percent.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule