China's Chalco flags net loss in 2012 on weak demand, high costs
SHANGHAI Jan 29 (Reuters) - Aluminum Corp of China Ltd (Chalco) , the country's top aluminium maker, said on Tuesday it will post a big loss in 2012 due to low aluminium prices and rising costs.
The firm said it will take active measures to cut costs in 2013 and expects the start-up of new coal mines to help boost revenue this year.
(Reporting by Fayen Wong and Samuel Shen; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade