China's Chalco flags net loss in 2012 on weak demand, high costs
SHANGHAI Jan 29 (Reuters) - Aluminum Corp of China Ltd (Chalco) , the country's top aluminium maker, said on Tuesday it will post a big loss in 2012 due to low aluminium prices and rising costs.
The firm said it will take active measures to cut costs in 2013 and expects the start-up of new coal mines to help boost revenue this year.
(Reporting by Fayen Wong and Samuel Shen; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea