China's Chalco flags net loss in 2012 on weak demand, high costs
SHANGHAI Jan 29 (Reuters) - Aluminum Corp of China Ltd (Chalco) , the country's top aluminium maker, said on Tuesday it will post a big loss in 2012 due to low aluminium prices and rising costs.
The firm said it will take active measures to cut costs in 2013 and expects the start-up of new coal mines to help boost revenue this year.
(Reporting by Fayen Wong and Samuel Shen; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg phoned Obama to complain about spying