D.R Horton's first-quarter profit rises 139 percent
Jan 29 (Reuters) - D.R. Horton Inc, the biggest U.S. home builder, said net income more than doubled due to higher selling prices, and reported a 39 percent jump in orders.
Net income rose to $66.3 million, or 20 cents per share, for the quarter ended December from $27.7 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier.
Homebuilding revenue rose 39 percent to $1.22 billion. Net orders were up at 5,259 homes.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official