D.R Horton's first-quarter profit rises 139 percent
Jan 29 (Reuters) - D.R. Horton Inc, the biggest U.S. home builder, said net income more than doubled due to higher selling prices, and reported a 39 percent jump in orders.
Net income rose to $66.3 million, or 20 cents per share, for the quarter ended December from $27.7 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier.
Homebuilding revenue rose 39 percent to $1.22 billion. Net orders were up at 5,259 homes.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |