D.R Horton's first-quarter profit rises 139 percent
Jan 29 (Reuters) - D.R. Horton Inc, the biggest U.S. home builder, said net income more than doubled due to higher selling prices, and reported a 39 percent jump in orders.
Net income rose to $66.3 million, or 20 cents per share, for the quarter ended December from $27.7 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier.
Homebuilding revenue rose 39 percent to $1.22 billion. Net orders were up at 5,259 homes.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane