Japan's Idemitsu, Canada's Altagas to export LNG, LPG to Asia
TOKYO Jan 29 (Reuters) - Japanese oil refiner Idemitsu Kosan Co said on Tuesday it will form a partnership with Canada's Altagas Ltd to export liquefied natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas to Asia as early as 2017.
Idemitsu and Altagas will have equal stakes in the partnership, Idemitsu said in a statement. The companies will start feasibility studies for the construction and development of gas liquefaction facilities in Canada and expects them to be completed by 2014.
Idemitsu, Japan's third-largest refiner, has been focusing on overseas opportunities to make up for a gradual fall in oil demand as its domestic market matures.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image