Japan's Idemitsu, Canada's Altagas to export LNG, LPG to Asia
TOKYO Jan 29 (Reuters) - Japanese oil refiner Idemitsu Kosan Co said on Tuesday it will form a partnership with Canada's Altagas Ltd to export liquefied natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas to Asia as early as 2017.
Idemitsu and Altagas will have equal stakes in the partnership, Idemitsu said in a statement. The companies will start feasibility studies for the construction and development of gas liquefaction facilities in Canada and expects them to be completed by 2014.
Idemitsu, Japan's third-largest refiner, has been focusing on overseas opportunities to make up for a gradual fall in oil demand as its domestic market matures.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |