India's Idea Cellular Q3 net up 14 pct, lags estimates
NEW DELHI Jan 29 (Reuters) - India's Idea Cellular Ltd reported a 14 percent increase in quarterly profit, the third straight quarter of earnings growth for the country's No. 3 mobile carrier by revenue, though the rise was smaller than expected.
Idea, part of the Aditya Birla conglomerate, said consolidated net profit rose to 2.29 billion Indian rupees ($42.5 million) for its fiscal third quarter ended Dec. 31, from 2.01 billion rupees reported a year earlier.
Analysts had expected the company to report net profit of 2.65 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. ($1 = 53.9050 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Daniel Magnowski, Aradhana Aravindan)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia