RPT-Euro breaks above resistance, hits 14-month high
NEW YORK Jan 29 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains versus the dollar on Tuesday, breaking above key resistance to hit a 14-month high.
The euro rose as high as $1.3490 according to Reuters data, the highest since Dec. 2, 2011. It was last at $1.3481, up 0.2 percent on the day.
It rose above major resistance at $1.3486, its 2012 high. Next key targets include $1.3492, the 50 percent retracement from the high in May 2011 to the low in July 2012 and the psychologically important $1.35 level, traders said.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade